10 Best Dog Beds For Greyhounds [ Updated ]
Greyhounds are exceptionally unique Dogs. It takes seconds to tell them apart from other amazing breeds because of their discrete body conformation, commonly shared by other prominent species like the Whippet and Saluki.
They belong to the regal Dog family, and their unusual and lovable personalities love nothing more than snuggling in bed with their humans. They’re also fast runners, and once your Greyhound sets his eyes on something. It’s pretty much over.
Owning to the fact that these Dogs are fast majorly active, they are likely to get tired after all the hustle and would love to have a comforting bed to rest on. For this reason, as a caring and loving pet parent, you have to pick the best bed for your Greyhound.
A good bed can have a significant effect on your Dog’s size, health, and age. That said, it is crucial to determine a Dog bed promotes peaceful sleeping and maintains your Dog’s stamina.
Moreover, the bed you choose should allow your Greyhound to relax and be buttressed while maintaining proper body temperature.
If you are confused, we can certainly help you out. We did a little research and picked some of the luxury quality Dog beds, all made for greyhounds that will benefit your buddy most efficiently.
Plenty of Dog beds come and go in the market, but the real ones stay due to their popularity and incredible quality. To help you out in this hunt for Greyhound bedding, we have compiled a few options. They are listed below.
List of Best Dog Beds For Greyhounds
|PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed, Orthopedic Memory Foam, Multiple Sizes/Colors, Medium Firmness Pillow, Waterproof Liner, YKK Zippers, Breathable 35% Cotton Cover, Cert. Skin Contact Safe, 3yr. Warranty||PrimeEligible||Price on Amazon|
|Big Barker 7" Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed for Large and Extra Large Breed Dogs (Sleek Edition) (Extra Large (52 X 36 X 7), Khaki)||PrimeEligible||Price on Amazon|
|Furhaven Orthopedic Pet Bed for Dogs and Cats - Sofa-Style Plush Fur and Suede Couch Dog Bed with Removable Washable Cover, Gray, Jumbo (X-Large)||PrimeEligible||Price on Amazon|
|MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe Dog Beds | Super Plush Dog & Cat Beds Ideal for Dog Crates | Machine Wash & Dryer Friendly, 1-Year Warranty||PrimeEligible||Price on Amazon|
|The Dog’s Bed Sound Sleep Donut Dog Bed, XL Steel Grey Plush Removable Cover Calming Nest Bed||PrimeEligible||Price on Amazon|
|Snoozer Cozy Cave, Khaki, Large||Prime||Price on Amazon|
|Furhaven Cooling Gel Foam Pet Bed for Dogs and Cats - Luxe Lounger Microvelvet Contour Dog Bed Mattress with Removable Washable Cover, Gray, Jumbo Plus (XX-Large)||PrimeEligible||Price on Amazon|
|Furhaven Orthopedic Pet Bed for Dogs and Cats - Classic Cushion Ultra Plush Curly Fur Dog Bed Mat with Removable Washable Cover, Gray, Jumbo Plus (XX-Large)||PrimeEligible||Price on Amazon|
1. PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed – best dog bed for italian greyhound
- PREMIUM COMPONENTS & BETTER HEALTH: (i) The SOLID 6 inch MEMORY FOAM in our orthopedic dog bed provides an ultra premium base for superior overall comfort, reduced joint pain (arthritis) and improved health, mobility, & energy. (ii) Comforts as a Calming dog bed for dogs who suffer from anxiety. (iii) Recycled green support bolsters are generously filled. (iv) Durable & comfortable polyester (65%) & cotton (35%) twill
- SMART DESIGN: (i) Extra Large dog bed base & bolsters provide optimal support, comfort, & security. (ii) Water resistant & tear resistant cover work simultanously with our waterproof dog bed liner. (iii) Non-skid bottom. (iv) Blends in seamlessly with your home. (v) Replacement pet bed covers available separately
- PEACE OF MIND: (i) The Certi-PUR-US Memory foam used in our orthopedic dog bed for large dogs has NO mercury, lead, formaldehyde, phthalates, & ozone depleters. (ii) Low VOC emissions for indoor air quality keeps your pup safe while resting. (iii) Passes stricter European REACH safety standards. (iv) Cover fabric certified as SKIN CONTACT SAFE.
If your Dog loves to rest his body on solid and thick memory foam core, the PetFusion Ultimate Dog lounge bed may be the best choice for your Doggie. Additionally, this is one of the beds that feature three bolsters; hence, it is a useful bed for skittish Greyhounds.
For a senior Greyhound who needs optimum support, this solid memory foam Dog bed from PetFusion is a trustworthy and comforting option. It gently conforms to your Greyhound’s body, allows the spine to rest straight, and reduces stress from areas like the hips. Also, it is a machine-washable Dog bed that will not flatten or become uneven with excessive use.
Many features reflect this Dog bed’s quality and benefits, but the most striking feature about the PetFusion Ultimate Dog bed is that it is encircled with bolsters. There’s a small cavity at the front that is used as an entryway. Owners can also remove the bolsters for the likes of their Dog.
The sturdy 6-inch thick memory foam core delivers plenty of support and comfort for your Dog. The zipper cover is machine washable and made from a polyester-cotton combination to offer a great blend of durability and comfort. The bottom boasts a non-skid material, making it ideal for tiled or hardwood floors.
The PetFusion Ultimate Dog bed is slate is available in four different sizes and three colors. A one-year warranty backs it against construction defects.
Maintenance of this Dog breed is easy. You just need to wipe the spot clean and remove any fur that might have gathered. As mentioned above, the cover is removable. It features a zipper, so it should be easy for you to take it off and throw it into the washing machine. Moreover, the cover has been tested and is certainly skin-friendly, causing no allergic reactions.
- Brand: PetFusion
- Size: Extra large, double extra-large (jumbo), large, and small
- Color: Sandstone, slate grey, and chocolate brown
- Material: Polyester-cotton
- Polyfill bolsters
- Made with premium memory foam
- Water and tear-resistant cover
- Machine washable cover
- Non-skid bottom
- Poly-cotton twill cover
PetFusion Ultimate Dog bed comes first in our list of best Dog beds for Greyhounds. It boasts a stylish design and offers almost all the features a tall and lean Dog requires. This Dog bed also sticks out due to its waterproof cover, offering owners a machine washable bed. Moreover, this Dog bed provides durability in the sleekest manner.
2. Big Barker 7-inch Orthopedic Dog Bed – Best dog beds for Whippets
- CALIBRATED FOR BIG DOGS: Available in Large, XL, Giant XXL dog bed sizes. Too powerful for small dogs.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN: University of Pennsylvania study data showed less pain, more mobility after using a Big Barker for just 28 days.
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY: American made therapeutic foam is the best quality youll find in orthopedic dog beds. Wont flatten or pancake over time.
- MADE IN THE USA: Handmade by experienced craftsmen and craftswomen in our small Pennsylvania workshop.
- EASY TO CLEAN: machine washable. 100% Micro-suede cover. Soft to the touch, looks great in your home.
If you prioritize comfort and want the best for your large dog breed, the Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed is the ultimate choice. The price ranges from $240 to $400, based on the size. Many pet parents say it is worth the price.
This Dog bed consists of a three-inch layer of H45 comfort foam, between the two-inch layers of H10 comfort foam, fulfilling the 7-inch thick package. Additionally, a four-inch foam pillow top on one side of the bed can be used as a comfortable head-resting.
Owners can expect the bed to last for a long time without losing its comfort and fluff, all because of the American-made therapeutic foam layers. Big Barker backs the product with a ten-year warranty, and in between these years, if something goes wrong with the bed, the company will send a free replacement.
Besides that, the foam satisfied the CertiPUR-US standards for emissions, durability, and content. Third-party users have analyzed it. To conclude, the bed is wrapped in a comforting, 100% microfiber cover that is machine-washable and has a zipper.
The superior-quality foam construction and premium-thick, seven-inch base makes the Big Barker Dog bed an ideal choice for Greyhounds who suffer from hip dysplasia, general pains and aches associated with old age, and arthritis. The bed ensures support, and the Dog will not sink through the bed.
When it comes to Big Barker Dog bed variations, it comes in three unique sizes to accommodate a large Dog of any size. This Dog bed is also available in four attractive colors, allowing you to pick one that blends with your house decor.
- Brand: Big Barker
- Size: Large, extra-large, and giant XXL
- Color: Burgundy, charcoal grey, chocolate, khaki
- Material: American-made therapeutic foam with a Microfiber cover
- 100% microfiber cover
- American-made orthopedic foam
- Waterproof cover
- Will not pancake or flatten with time
The Big Barker 7-inch Dog bed is designed in such a way that it fits every curve of your Greyhound. It offers the best of benefits to older dogs who suffer from minor joint problems and other aches. It ticks all the boxes, including comfort, durability, support, and quality. Unfortunately, the price may make you move to another option. Still, if you are willing to go the extra mile for your adult Greyhound, spending a few bucks should not be a problem.
3. Furhaven Packable, Plush Orthopedic L-Shaped Mid-Century Dog Bed
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The classic bolstered sofa design promotes ultimate comfort and security, providing high-loft orthopedic cushion support as well as a super cozy nestling and burrowing space for dogs and cats
- SLEEP SURFACE: The main sleep surface is lined with cuddly soft, plush faux fur, while the supportive bolsters are wrapped in easy-care suede; both materials are gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling and burrowing comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The egg crate orthopedic foam base helps cushion pressure points and improve air circulation, while the fluff-filled bolster railings support the neck, back, hips, and joints; both help to ease discomfort and encourage restful sleep
Among all Dog beds for big Dogs, the Furhaven orthopedic Dog couch makes a smashing appearance with its budget-friendly price and impeccable features. It is for those owners who don’t want to sacrifice their pet’s relief.
This Dog bed’s base is made with waterproof poly-canvas and egg-crate orthopedic foam, a plus for older Dogs who may suffer from incontinence issues. It has a durable, soft faux plus sleeping surface and supportive, cuddly bolstered edges on three sides.
The Furhaven orthopedic Dog couch is available in many size variations, including small, medium, and large. Still, the jumbo size offers a perfect fit for larger Dogs. One of the most prominent reasons to buy this Dog bed is that it is affordable and boasts everything a large Dog needs.
The Furhaven Dog couch offers plenty of color options for style-oriented pet parents, from velvet grey to quilted navy, plush clay, fleece coffee, and lots more. This bed also satisfied health-conscious pet parents, as Furhaven uses only CertiPUR-US, low VOC certified foam that is American-made and carefully tested to meet the standards of durability, comfort, and emissions.
Besides being intrinsically fascinating and healthy for larger Greyhounds, this Dog bed is not suitable for Dogs who are habitual of chewing. The materials used in the bed may be hazardous when digested.
- Brand: Furhaven
- Size: Small, medium, large, jumbo, jump plus
- Color: Expresso, grey, clay, deep pool
- Material: Ultra-plus faux fur, microsuede, cooling gel foam, memory foam
- A trustable, durable, plush faux sleeping surface
- Waterproof poly-canvas base
- Orthopedic foam base for pain relief
- Supportive, soft bolstered edges
The Furhaven Dog couch is the perfect choice for all old and young pets. It is a sleeping couch-bed for not just dogs but other pets as well. With a removable and washable cover, Dog owners can instantly clean the bed’s appearance by tossing the covers into the washing machine.
4. MidWest Homes Deluxe Super Plush Dog Bed – Best Greyhound Beds
- Comfortable Mocha Ombré Swirl Deluxe dog / pet bed, fits 36L dog crates and works great as a stand-alone bed!
- Ultra-soft synthetic fur overstuffed dog bed featuring non-skid grip on bottom surface of pet bed works great on hardwood / tile floors
- Ideal pet bed for dogs between 41 to 70 pounds
- Plush Ombré Swirl pattern & neutral gray color compliments any home décor
If you want to spoil your Greyhound with a tufted, plus, and over-stuffed QuiteTime Ombre Swirl pet bed, then you can’t do better than this bed. The Ombre Swirl pet beds seem to be the pinnacle of comfort.
It is an overstuffed Dog bed that features a distinctive swirl pattern with a spectacular blend of Mocha to Taupe on a luxurious and top-class cushion that is guaranteed to make your Dog feel like a king or queen.
When it comes to construction quality, the Ombre Swirl pet bed requires little maintenance and lasts for a long time. The plush, poly fiber, tufted cushion holds up to years and years of usage, while the ultra-soft polyester will not pill up like fleece beds. Also, say goodbye to wrestling with removing a cover when it requires cleaning, as this Dog bed is 100% machine washable, but only in a non-agitator machine.
It is great for travel purposes, as well. The Ombre Swirl pet beds are available in neutral colors that will complement any home decor. The non-skid base prevents shifting, moving, and works best on hardwood floors. Moreover, it is suitable for all standard crates and offers plenty of stand-alone Dog bed benefits.
One fascinating detail both you and your Greyhound will love about this Dog bed is that the ultra-soft polyester creates a stunning swirl pattern that looks aesthetically appealing wherever you decide to put it.
- Brand: MidWest Homes for Pets Store
- Size: Small, medium, large, extra-large
- Color: Grey, mocha, cocoa chic
- Material: Ultra-soft polyester
- Ultra-soft synthetic fur and overstuffed Dog bed
- Agitator-washer and dryer friendly
- Ombre swirl pattern and neutral mocha color
- Plush, tufted poly-fiber cushion
- Ideal for pet carriers, vehicles, or pet crates
We consider this Dog bed to be a profound choice for Greyhound pet parents. It has the perfect bed shape, supports an itch-free material, benefits senior Dogs with its ultra-soft cushioning, all while being budget-friendly.
5. The Dog’s Balls Bed – Greyhound Beds
- Extra Large Steel Grey plush 45 inch diameter round deluxe plush dog bed. Premium 1.5 inch vegan fur contours into a deep & luxurious comforter for your cherished best friend as well as a charming room accessory, injecting style into your lounge or bedroom interior
- Ideal puppy receiver bed - welcome your puppy home with luxurious vegan fur which replicates the warmth of mum’s fur & of being in a puppy pile, easing the transition to a new home. Unsurpassed comfort due to unique dual-layer base mattress cushion design - the top layer forms around your dog’s body, while the solid base pad supports your dog’s weight. Generously filled bolsters surround your dog making them feel secure while providing a comfortable headrest
- Satisfies the nesting instinct of dogs who tend to curl up when they sleep - high sides & long vegan fur pile hugs your dog’s body, reducing feelings of vulnerability & anxiety by inducing a sense of security & serenity. Improved sleep - soft texture, self-warming materials & superior body support reduces night pacing associated with anxiety, discomfort & cold
Are you a worried pet parent, looking for a dog bed that has everything? Then stick around because The Dog’s balls sound sleep doughnut Dog bed is a worthy competitor.
We admire this doughnut-shaped Dog bed. It is for dogs who are habitual of pawing at their bed or curling up when they notice soft bolsters.
These may seem like minor attachments, but they offer an incredible sense of security for dogs, especially Greyhound puppies. The sound sleep doughnut Dog bed is designed for dogs living their best life, and this bed contributes positively to your pet’s overall happiness and health.
As beneficial and health-appropriate, this Dog bed is for Greyhounds; it also offers a beautiful aesthetic appeal. This luxurious, deep comforter bed for your best friend also makes for a decent room accessory, plus it is available in several muted shades.
For a healthy, happy dog, sleep is essential, and the Dog’s bed has created the Sound Sleep doughnut Dog bed to make sure your pup gets a good night’s sleep.
Sleep deprivation in pets can manifest in multiple ways: crying and whining at night, behavioral and aggression issues, and a sensitive immune system. Thankfully, the Sound Sleep bed caters to all of these problems. It improves your pet’s slumber with its self-warming, soft texture materials and offers excellent body support.
One of the most attractive benefits of this Dog bed is that it can replicate the warmth of a mother Dog’s fur and help settle a new puppy into your family.
- Brand: The Dog’s Bed
- Size: Small, medium, large, extra-large
- Color: Chocolate brown, beige, ice white, jet black, rose pink, silver grey, steel grey, teddy bear brown
- Material: Vegan fur pile outer
- Ideal puppy receiver bed
- Available in four standard sizes
- Removable and machine-washable covers
- Self-warming, soft texture materials
The Dog’s bed sound sleep Dog bed is a reliable option for pet parents who have more than one pup lying around the house. This bed’s texture and material offer mother-like support for puppies, developing a sense of attachment and care. Also, the one-year warranty, faux fur pile cover, and ability to reduce anxiety and stress in Dogs make this Dog bed a superb choice.
6. Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog Bed – Greyhound dog Bed
- Sherpa lining for warmth in winter and cool in summer
- Removable washable/dryable cover
- Heavy duty brass zipper. Zippered liner
- Measure the pet while sleeping to determine if they will fit in a 35” diameter space.
If you adore your Greyhound and treat him like family, then you probably want what is best for them. Snoozer makes long-lasting, fashionable Dog beds for Dogs made by Dog people.
The Snoozer Cozy Cave nesting dog bed is truly one of a kind Dog bed created to give your fuzzy buddy all the warmth and support he needs.
Often titled a Nesting dog bed, it is suitable for dogs and pets who enjoy staying under the covers. The Cozy Cave Dog bed provides your pet with a place to lay down, rest his head, and sleep in any position.
Cozy cave design Dog beds are perfect for dogs who love to burrow and dig under the blankets. This hooded bed hoods your Dog in Sherpa fabric to keep them feeling nestled and warm. Another fantastic feature is that you can fill the base with either cedar/poly mix for extreme coziness or orthopedic foam for additional support.
Furthermore, both the original and orthopedic lines of Cozy Caves are available in 40 attractive fabrics! There is certainly a combination to fit your pup and home’s personality from sharp solids to bright, colorful patterns.
- Brand: Snoozer
- Size: Small, large, extra-large
- Color: Khaki, medium blue, navy, olive, red
- Material: Polycotton
- Poly/cedar filling for extensive comfort
- Poly cotton exterior
- Available in Microsuede exterior
- Machine-washable cover
Durability and quality are sewn into every portion of this Dog bed.
You can witness it in the made-to-deliver fabric. You can feel it in the resilient, superior cushioning. In addition to the praise, the Snoozer Cozy Cave Dog bed is environmentally and pet-friendly, so no more allergic reactions or home-fitting issues.
7. Furhaven Pet Orthopedic L-Shaped Chaise Couch – Greyhound Dog Beds
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The sloping contoured form factor promotes superior ergonomic comfort and provides optimum orthopedic support for dogs and cats; the open mattress design also gives pets plenty of room to sleep in a variety of different positions
- SLEEP SURFACE: The sleep surface features quilted micro-velvet fabric that is gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The gel-infused memory foam top whisks heat away for a cooling effect and improves body alignment; the contoured form factor provides optimum support for the neck, back, hips, and joints to help ease discomfort and encourage restful sleep
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Gray; Jumbo Plus, 36 x 51 x 8 (5 Center; 8 Edges)
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in Espresso, Clay, Stellar Blue, and Gray; its also available in Medium, Large, Jumbo, Jumbo Plus, and Giant
The Furhaven pet orthopedic L-shaped chaise couch is your best bet to providing your Greyhound with the utmost support and comfort. This ergonomically-designed pet bed is structured to cradle your Dog’s body and deliver therapeutic neck and back support.
Luxe longer pet beds offer a medical-grade orthopedic foam core with gel-infused memory foam. The microgel beads keep the bed more relaxed while memory foam adheres to your pet’s shape, delivering superior comfort of joints and other pressure points. Gel foam has many healing properties; it creates a bed-of-roses kind of feel even in hot temperatures.
The superior support coming from both foam cores will help your Dog reach a more restorative, more profound rest for his overall health. These Dog beds are ideal for hot summer days. The quilted micro-velvet surface is highly padded to offer a relaxing experience.
Furthermore, the step-on bed design is accessible to older, disabled, or smaller Dogs. Also, the washable, removable cover incorporates overlock safety stitching for a better lifespan.
Another feature you and your Greyhound will love about this Dog bed is that it includes a water-resistant poly-canvas base panel. And lastly, the foam core is hand-washable, and CertiPUR-US certified.
- Brand: Furhaven
- Size: Small, medium, large, giant, jumbo, jumbo plus
- Color: Microvelvet clay, expresso, grey, stellar blue
- Material: Micro-velvet
- Machine-washable cover
- Available in multiple colors and sizes
- Authentic Furhaven merchandise
- Orthopedic support
The Furhaven ergonomic L-shaped couch bed is contoured to fit every Dog’s health requirements. Each portion of the bed cradles your pet’s body to deliver superior therapeutic support for the neck and back. The micro-velvet sleep surface feels smooth and soft, making room for infinite snuggles.
8. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed – Best dog Beds for Greyhounds
- Large Grey with Blue Trim (Easy Clean Cover) 40x25x4” waterproof orthopedic dog bed. Solid 2” high density, orthopedic memory foam over a solid 2” base of high stability support foam with covers designed so that your bed fits your home decor seamlessly and your dog can stay close to your family
- A prudent preventative measure for younger dogs of breeds predisposed to joint conditions, ensuring your dog’s joints remain mobile into their senior years, improving their quality of life and keeping your dog healthy and active for longer
- Bed comes with removable covers that are easy to wash, quick-drying and include a waterproof mattress protector to catch accidents associated with incontinence
As your Dog passes a young age, its requirements change. You may discover that your senior Greyhound has arthritis, joint pain, hip dysplasia, or muscle aches. Naturally, you get the urge to make healthier decisions for your Dog’s wellbeing.
This Dog bed from the Dog’s bed may be the right option for you to ensure your Dog’s stability. The Dog’s bed offers your Dog a good night’s sleep, regardless of how much of a restless personality he is! Based on your pet’s overall body heat and weight, the bed conforms to its shape and distributes its weight precisely. It then goes back to its standard shape when your Dog gets out of bed.
It is a prudent preventative agent for younger Dogs of breeds who are exposed to joint pains, ensuring your pet’s joints remain healthy even in their senior years. Therefore, this bed helps to improve the quality of life and keeps your puppy active for longer.
This Dog bed’s therapeutic design provides comfort and relief to Dogs with elbow and hip dysplasia, patella luxation, arthritis, osteochondritis, and several other pain-staking conditions. This dog bed structure prevents pressure sores and elbow calluses due to immobility during post-surgery or illness.
Lastly, the Dog’s Bed orthopedic was created to increase the lifespan of your Dog’s joints. It has been proven to restore Dogs’ vitality and mobility and assist them to sleep more comfortably.
- Brand: The Dog’s Bed
- Color: Black faux, brown linen, grey faux
- Size: Small, medium, large, extra-large,
- Material: Memory foam
- Orthopedic Dog bed
- Large waterproof inner
- Therapeutic bed design
- Available in several colors and standard sizes
Every dog breed has a different style of sleeping. Before you rush to purchase this Dog bed, observe the sleeping pattern of your Dog. For most Greyhounds, memory foam beds are worth the cost and are ideal for supporting the joints. That said, this Dog bed has everything your Greyhound could need to relax their weary legs at the end of playing roughhouse.
9. Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – Extra-Large Greyhound Beds
As you can tell from the name, Bully Beds is a brand that specializes in large-dog accessories. And thus, this orthopedic dog bed was designed with one element in mind, massive dogs.
It is manufactured with medical-grade orthopedic, safe, joint-supporting hypoallergenic material. It is mainly for dogs who suffer from arthritis, hips, and joint problems.
The bed features a durable, soft, and machine washable cover. It offers a 7-inch thickness with a 4.5-inch of 2 lb foam base, which offers superior comfort.
The bed design supports a heavy-duty chew-resistant zipper that makes it easy to take the cover off for cleaning. Also, the 20-year warranty creates a line of trust between the buyer and the manufacturer.
We consider this dog bed vital for senior dogs because it includes no heavy metals, no ozone-depleters, or other harmful chemicals. Therefore, pet parents have a chance to improve their Dog’s overall quality of sleeping with peace of mind.
- Brand: Bully Beds
- Size: Medium, large, extra-large, XX-large
- Color: Chocolate, tan
- Material: Orthopedic memory foam and microfiber cover
- Washable, removable microfiber cover
- Chew-resistant zipper
- Non-slip base
- Medical-grade orthopedic memory foam
- 20-year warranty
This Bully beds orthopedic dog bed is a durable and premium-quality pet bed for large dog breeds. It is another viable option, especially for big dogs. It is available in 4 sizes and two aesthetically pleasing color options. Moreover, it has been created with a large dog breed in mind and comes with a 20-year warranty.
10. Furhaven Pet Traditional Orthopedic Foam Mattress Dog Bed
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The classic pet bed mattress design gives both dogs and cats plenty of room to sleep in a variety of different positions, with the gusseted sides providing additional cushioned loft for enhanced nestling and lounging comfort
- SLEEP SURFACE: The main sleep surface is lined with thick, cuddly soft, plush curly faux fur that is gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The solid orthopedic foam mattress is dense and thick for maximum loft and sturdy comfort for pets of all sizes
As a pet parent, you cannot go wrong with the Furhaven traditional orthopedic dog bed. The stress-relieving orthopedic foam is suitable for any dog that suffers from arthritis, hip dysplasia, or joint pain.
The mattress is 4-inches, which is a reasonable size for reducing those pains, even with several hours of lounging. It boasts a step-in design that is particularly perfect for disabled or older dos, who only demand a good surface for resting.
Your puppy will not be the only one who loves this bed, though. You will no doubt admire that the cover is easily removable and machine washable for effortless cleaning.
Furthermore, this model is available in a few other colors and sizes. Different sizes include small, large, medium, jumbo, and jumbo plus. When it comes to the colors, you have only two choices; cream or chocolate.
- Brand: Furhaven
- Color: Cream, gray, chocolate
- Size: Small, medium, large, jumbo, jumbo plus
- Material: Orthopedic foam
- Comes in 5 sizes
- Removable, machine washable cover
- 4-inch orthopedic foam
- Three color choices
Although the Furhavent tradition orthopedic dog bed has a mattress-like design, it still contains plenty of health benefits for every dog breed that lays on it. Your Dog will indeed feel more energetic and playful after he gets up from a mid-day nap or a night’s sleep from this bed. Its orthopedic features offer soothing results to senior or disabled dogs, which is something you should prefer if you have an old Greyhound in your home.
Best Dog Beds for Greyhounds
If your Greyhound loves to chill as much as play, then you need to get him his spot. Spending too much time in your favorite chair or sofa will spoil him.
Research says, an owner may sleep well with a Dog in the bed, but people sleep much better when their Dog is resting in a different bed in the same room. On average, Dogs sleep somewhere between 12-14 hours per day. In the case of a puppy, 20 hours a day are acceptable.
We’re talking about Dog beds for Greyhounds, and truthfully speaking, finding a spectacular Dog bed can be tricky.
Below are a few essential factors that will support you in finding the best Dog bed for your Greyhound.
Dog Bed Selections for Greyhounds
By now, you know what to look for in a Dog bed for Greyhounds, but you are not aware of the different choices.
Other than your Dog’s preferences, keep the following selections in mind.
These beds are ideal for storing and putting in crates. They usually have a layer of memory foam or polyfill.
Flatbeds can also be used as excellent secondary beds because they are convenient to carry around. It means that you can put the bed in your car to use when you and your buddy have to be away from home. Also, these beds are affordable.
- Orthopedic beds
These beds include memory foam that conforms to your pet’s body. It supports the hips and spine.
Orthopedic beds are quite expensive, but they are worth every penny, especially for older and younger dogs, because they demand much support.
- Dog cots
These are ideal outdoor beds because they are elevated and provide a free flow of air. They also make sure that your pet does not overheat when under the sun or in other hot situations.
- Bolster beds
If your furry friend likes to curl up or have their head supported, bolster beds may be the best option for them. Most bolster beds feature a sink and arms in the middle that easily allow your dog to curl up and reduce stress or anxiety.
- Pillow beds
Pillow beds are stuffed with a unique kind of filler. They mostly use polyfill, which is reliable for supporting a Greyhound’s weight.
Although they are a bit expensive than orthopedic beds but offer a lot of quality and satisfaction, you still want to be careful when buying this kind of Dog bed because some can be less supportive and a little bumpy.
You see, the process of buying the best dog bed for your Greyhound is not that difficult, but it’s not easy either. Try to keep all of the above-said aspects and options in mind while shopping, and you’ll be coming home with the best quality bed for your Greyhound.
No matter the breed, many dogs chew. Puppies may do it to squeeze the pain of teething, whereas older Dogs may do it to keep their jaws healthy and clean their teeth.
On the other hand, your Greyhound may chew just because they are bored, stressed, or hungry.
When it comes to beds, chewing can quickly put you off and ruin everything. What’s more, it can be hazardous if one of the chunks they chew ends up in their intestines or stomach, causing digestive problems.
So, if your Greyhound is a chewer, fabric beds stuffed with foam pieces might not be the right choice. Dog beds built with aluminum or PVC pipe and shielded with a canvas-like fabric may be an excellent choice for your gnawing Dog.
Besides the fabric, remember to consider ease of maintenance, as your Dog’s bed will require cleaning sooner or later. Machine-washable beds fit that bill, as do cot-like options, but try to pick one that comes with a removable sheet that you can easily toss in the washer.
Once you’ve decided to get your Greyhound a comforting bed, the next step is to measure your pet from head to tail. By doing this, you will not have trouble finding a rightly-sized bed for your Dog.
A Dog bed must be big enough so that your Greyhound can lie down in a comfortable position. Yes, when they are balled up, the bed size might seem OK. But what if your buddy wants to stretch a little? Thus, measure your dog in terms of length, height, and weight, then make a move.
The Construction Material
The best suggestion on what material to pick for your Greyhound’s bed probably comes from watching him. Does your Dog have hip dysplasia or achy joints? Are they young or old? How does your Dog usually sleep? Do they have a lot of fur or less?
Dog beds with memory foam may be a reliable choice for an adult Dog with achy joints. Also, some beds support cooling gel.
Furthermore, fluffier beds may be the best pick for smaller or younger dogs. Cuddly and plush beds can keep a less-fluffy, smaller Dog warm.
Other Tips To Consider
There are heated Dog beds as well, which are suitable for restless Greyhounds. These Dog beds support well during cold and chilly nights. Also, dogs with hip dysplasia, circulation issues, joint pains, and arthritis can benefit from heated beds.
Also, be sure to pick a bed that features a chew-resistant cord. Moreover, orthopedic beds can also help adult Dogs who have trouble getting around.
Keeping your Greyhound comfortable in a nice bed is a part of being a lovable pet parent. Always remember, beds are essential for more than sleep. They can turn out to be a “safe” place for a Dog with noise or fear aversion issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why does a Greyhound need a bed?
Most Greyhounds are prone to specific hip and joint problems. Therefore, it is essential to get them a soft, supportive, and comfortable surface to lay on. A high-quality Dog bed can fulfill this promise.
2. What is the perfect bed size for a Greyhound?
It is best suggested you follow the recommended sizing guidelines for the Dog bed you are buying. Still, consider the fact that Greyhounds are lean and long, which means they demand a more massive bed – even if they don’t weigh much to require a large bed.
You should pick a bed of at least 40-inches, though some larger Greyhounds require a bigger size.
3. Do Greyhounds suffer from separation anxiety?
Like other Dogs, Greyhounds also suffer from separation anxiety. Any untrained Dog is susceptible to this problem. Nevertheless, you can train your pup to be alone without feeling lonely or scared. When home alone, they can lie in their large, comfy bed to relax by the time you come.
4. Do Greyhounds feel comfortable in kennel beds?
All Dogs require training to be happy in a kennel. A kennel is commonly known as a safe space for Dogs, regardless of the breed. Most owners use them as punishment, but that’s only for the time when your dog is misbehaving or is not adequately trained.
Owners must make sure that their Dog’s crate is filled with things they love, including bones, chew toys, and a comfy dog bed.
For beginners, finding the right dod bed for greyhounds can be a daunting task. The beds come in various shapes, densities, and sizes, which ultimately brings us to the question: how will they support my Dog?
For greyhounds, orthopedic beds offer maximum benefits. They provide vast support to their extra-large muscles, relieving pain from the hip area and joints.
Buying the best for your Greyhound will brighten their mood, make them feel happy and safe. You could do all that by adding a high-quality Dog bed for their sleeping and resting routine.
Have your pick from our top 10 Dog beds for greyhounds. Each of them offers superior softness and satisfies your Dog with the greatest of comfort. Each dog bed is made from premium materials and will make sure your Greyhound walks tall and stays healthy.
Give your greyhound reassurance and something comfortable so that your quality time together is easy and restful.
- 10 Best Bark Collar For Chihuahua - June 2, 2022
- 10 Best Dog Training Collar Under 100 [Updated] - June 1, 2022
- 12 Best Anti Barking Device For Dogs [Updated] - May 31, 2022