If your dog has dry and cracked paws and you have questioned in mind that why are my dogs paws so rough and you are looking for dry dog paws home remedies, then you are lucky because below, I will mention some best dry dog claws home remedies, so you can prevent your dog’s foot from getting dry.
Dog’s paws play a vital role in dogs’ daily life; they are used for walking, running, and hiking. We all know that dogs love to run, and if dogs’ feet are damaged and dry, it will affect a dog’s health, and they will not be able to run properly. To prevent dogs from getting cracks and dry skin, first, we need to understand the reason and cause for dry skin fully.
Dry Dog Paws Home Remedies
Below are some common causes for dogs getting dry crack paws.
- Rough surfaces
The rough surface is the most common reason for a pet getting dry and cracked paws. When your dog walks on an uneven surface like sand, rough concrete, and rocky terrain will most probably damage your pet foot and will create a crack on them.
- Hot pavement
When your dog walks on hot road or pavement, they are unaware that the road’s hot temperature will dry up all the moisture from their skin and create cracks. The hot temperature is dangerous for dogs; not only will it dry your pet skin but will also burn their skin. Try to walk your dog early in the morning or evening when the pavement temperature will cold.
- Excessive licking
Many animals love to lick their foot for no reason, and it is not suitable for their precious paws. Excessive licking the most common and silly reason for dogs getting dry skin. Licking will not only dry up all the moist and create crack but also develop a bacterial infection, which is very harmful to pet health.
- Wintery Conditions
like the hot season, the winter season will also lead your pet’s feet to dry up. So, try to avoid walking your pet at extremely cold temperatures.
Dry dog paws Home remedies:
Below are some best dry dog paws home remedies to prevent and heal your dog’s dry paws.
- Shea Butter
One of the best and easy ways to prevent your dog paws from getting dry is by using shea butter on your pet feet. Shea butter is nuts fat, which is optioned from shea tree. Shea butter is known for the best natural moisturizer and can be used as a dog paw moisturizer. Shea butter will heal all cracks and dry skin instantly. The best thing about shea butter is that it is non-toxic, so you don’t have to worry about your dog’s licking habit; this is the reason we recommend shea butter for the pet.
- Use Boots
I know it sounds funny but believes me; it will protect paws and will keep it moist. Just like boots are used for protecting our feet, it will also protect your pet foot. Boots will also look cute on your dog while protecting your pet foot. When your pet runs on a rough and hot surface, it damages their paws, so using shoes is the best option to protect your pet feet.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can also be used as a dog paw moisturizer. It will smooth all the cracks in paws and will keep them moist. Like shea butter, they are also organic and non-toxic and will not harm your pet if he licks the coconut oil from his paws. Another best thing about coconut oil is that it has antibacterial properties and will also protect your pet from harmful bacteria.
- Extreme weather precautions
The main reason for dry paws is hot weather. Hot temperature dries up all the paws’ moisture and damages the foot by creating cracks in it. In summer days, try to walk your dog in the evening or morning when the temperature is low.
On the other hand, in the winter season, avoid walking your dog at a cold temperature for an extended period, it will also damage the paws, and when you come back home from a walk, gently clean your pet paws with warm water.
Always keep your pet hydrated on summer days; it will not only keep your dog healthy but will also protect them from dry foot and skin. Dehydration is the main reason for dry skin problems; if your pet is low on water, it will be harmful to your pet, they will most likely be a victim of dry skin problem. So, keeping animal hydrated is the best prevention and cracked dog paw pad treatment.
Calendula is an herb best known for its multitasking and healing properties. It can be used on damaged or dry skin for healing, and when it’s come to cracked dog paw pad treatment, its the best option to use. Like all other remedies mentioned above, it is also non-toxic will not harm your pet.
- Dog paws dry Vaseline.
You can also use Vaseline on your dog’s paws to moist and prevent further damage and dry skin. There is no doubt Vaseline is the best moisturizer in the world, and it is also suitable for your dog because it is non-toxic.
- Dog paw moisturizer DIY
You can also create the best dog paw moisturizer at home for dry dog paws home remedies using simple natural ingredients at home. Ingredients which you can use to create dog paw moisturizer are following.
- Two to three tablespoons shea butter
- Two to three tablespoons olive oil
- Two to three tablespoons coconut oil
- Two to four tablespoons beeswax
- Few drops of lavender oil
- bamboo skewer
I hope this article for dry dog paws home remedies was helpful. In this article, we have discussed why dogs end up with dry feet to understand the situation entirely. The most common reason for a pet getting dry skin is the extreme weather conditions. Both cold and hot temperatures can cause dry skin.
Then I have mentioned all the possible and easy remedies to heal and moist your dog skin, and all the mentioned remedies are toxic-free, which will not harm your dog if he licks it.
If you have any questions and problems, please ask us anything, and we will try to reply to you ASAP.
- Shiba Inu is not a new breed; dogs are present on this planet since 300 BC. They are very popular worldwide for their distinctive and highly appreciable features, making them the best option as pets. Well, you may not have to worry about the maintenance of the Shiba Inu, as the dog can easily adjust ... Read more
- Closer to the ground with sausage-like backs, Dachshunds are ever so often a subject of humor. They are commonly mentioned as “weiner dogs,” and don’t be baffled by their fun size because they can be vivacious as well. While this dog breed may never be up for any hectic exercise, they are always ready to ... Read more
- Pugs are considered one of the best family dogs for their smartness, observance, and quick learning. Pugs are sleepy like cats and playful and affectionate with children, making them a great family dog. As pugs are smart and can be trained easily, you will sometimes notice stubbornness that can be dealt with patience. Dog collars ... Read more
- Sure, Great Pyrenees is a soft giant but can be heavy-willed when he wants to be. At times like these, it is crucial to learn to control him at a second’s notice, primarily if he aims to “protect” you by chasing other animals. If you don’t begin training early, it can get challenging to tame ... Read more
- Are you the owner of a long hair/ fur dog? When you own this type of dog, then it is always challenging to find a collar for your canine friend. There are many types of collars in the market with different material designs and colors. The oldest material used for dog collars is leather in ... Read more