There are many reasons for dog biting on wood trim; some common reasons for dog chewing on items are stress, boredom, excess energy, and anxiety. If your dogs also have chewing habits and don’t know how to stop a dog from chewing on wood trim, you are in luck because, in the article below, I will suggest you few steps that will help you stop your canine from biting.
Before going to steps for how to stop a dog from chewing on wood trim, first, we need to see why dogs chew wood products so we can fully understand it and can easily prevent it.
How To Stop A Dog From Chewing On Wood Trim
Why Do Dogs Chew on Wood Trim?
There are many reasons for dogs chewing on wood trim, few of them are following.
Whenever your canine is bored, he will chew wood products or shoes to spend his bore time. The main reason for canine getting bore is when they are alone, or there is no one to play or spend time with them. So, always play with your canine or take them to walk, so they don’t get bored easily.
Curiosity is in canine nature; they are always curious to try and explore new things. Whenever they see a new toy, wooden products, or shoes, they chew it to better understand new things.
The dog can easily get stress, and to relieve stress and anxiety, they will chew anything which comes in front of them, and most of the cases, furniture is the victim for dog anxiety. So, try to keep your canine stress free by spending time with them or playing with them.
There are many cases when your canine is hungry; they will chew on trim. So, always keep your mutt well-fed, so they don’t starve. In the worst-case scenario, if you feed your canine is properly fed but is still hungry, your canine might have a parasite, which prevents nutrients from absorbing, so in this case, you must take your canine to the nearest vet.
Teething is a painful process for both humans and animals. When the teething process starts in a puppy, they will feel intense pain, and your pup will try to release pain by chew on a different product. In this case, you can do nothing to prevent your pet from chewing because it natural for pups to chew in the teething process, and once teething is complete, hopefully, your puppy will stop biting habit.
Steps for how to stop a dog from chewing on wood trim
Below are a few steps which will stop a dog from chewing on wood trim.
- Taste deterrent
One of the easiest ways to stop dog chewing wood furniture is to use a Taste deterrent. Taste deterrent will give a bad taste to the applied product. If you use taste deterrent on wood products, it will make wood unattractive for the dog to chew on. Mostly taste deterrent is safe and non-toxic for canine and will not damage your wood product.
The deterrent spray is the best home remedy to stop dog from chewing wood; you can make your own deterrent spray with lemon juice and apple cider at home easily and use your home-made spray on those items which your canine loves to chew.
- Chewing products
If you don’t know how to stop a dog from chewing wood deck, this is the best step to follow—there many alternative chewing products like chewing toys, sticks, and bones. You can easily buy a chewing product from any pet store for cheap rates. Usually, chewing products come with attractive small and flavor, which will attract your canine to chew. So, your dog will spend most time chewing products rather than wood and shoes.
- Make the Trim Unreachable
If the product is not in canine reach, then it is safe from harm. You can keep away wood furniture or lock them in a separate room where your canine cannot enter or place them on a high place, which is not in your pet reach; once you put items away from them for an extended period, they will forget them and will move on.
- Use cage for canine
Another best way to prevent dog chewing wood furniture is to use a cage for the canine. You can use cage for the dog to restrict them from chewing habits. A cage is the best option to control your pets. Cage is one of the best ways to tame canine from mischievous behavior, and it will, without any doubt, restrict wood product access.
The pet owner often doesn’t know how to stop a dog from chewing on wood fence and furniture, so if you are one of them, then training is best to stop your dog from biting. Training is one of the common ways to prevent your dog from biting wood. Just like we train our dogs with different tricks and stunt, we can also teach them to stop chewing trim. Canines are the easiest animals to train; you can train your canine to restrict eating certain items like doors, trim, shoes, and many more, which you think are unsafe for canine to chew on.
I hope this article for how to stop a dog from chewing on wood trim was helpful, and now you can stop your canine from biting wood products.
In this article, we first discuss the reason for canine chewing wood. The most common reason to chew trim is anxiety and boredom, which can easily be avoided by playing or spending time with the canine.
Then I have mentioned all possible and easy steps to stop your canine for chewing. Suppose you loved and found those steps mentioned above useful. Feel free to share with your friends, so if they also don’t know how to stop a dog from chewing on wood trim, they can also learn a few tips and tricks from this article.
If you have any questions about this topic, please ask us anything, and we will try to answer you ASAP.
- What is the one thing all dogs have in common? They bark! Barking is their communal way of communicating with both humans and other dogs. However, some dogs tend to bark louder than the others, which could pose possible issues if you have neighbors. The thick fur on the skin of individual dogs may make ... Read more
- Everyone loves to have a pet, but the pet ownership demands a lot. The dogs or other pets; want to get a comfortable and peaceful sleep just like human beings. So, they always search for cozy and comfortable places, where they can sleep for hours. Therefore, you need to get a bed for them. The ... Read more
- A few decades ago, a minimal amount of people knew that a Goldendoodle was nothing but a comical term, but since the 90s, this iconic breed has enjoyed a spectacular status in society. These noodle-head dogs combine the intelligent personality and alertness of poodles with the wild, playful, and friendly nature that golden retrievers are ... Read more
- Greyhounds are exceptionally unique Dogs. It takes seconds to tell them apart from other amazing breeds because of their discrete body conformation, commonly shared by other prominent species like the Whippet and Saluki. They belong to the regal Dog family, and their unusual and lovable personalities love nothing more than snuggling in bed with their ... Read more
- Do you want to put weight on your underweight pet dog? Normally, the malnourished term is affiliated with stray dogs. But, sometimes well feed pet dogs can also be malnourished. Malnourishment among dogs can be a serious health issue and should be taken care of. A dog can be underweight because of many reasons. Your ... Read more